Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pucker, Please

There is a long list of skills that each of my children need to work on mastering.  But Biggs is missing one specific talent that can no longer be ignored.

Biggs is a super friendly guy.  He loves the ladies.  And...just like his father...he rarely balks at the offer of a nice kiss on the mouth.   But the boy does NOT pucker.  Doesn't even attempt it.  And when you have 30 pounds of open mouth and slobber headed for you, a girl can feel overwhelmed.  Now that we've officially approved chaperoned dating , some intervention is necessary to keep things Christian at the end of the evening.

Luckily, we live with a pucker extraordinaire who was happy to lend her services.

First Rule of Smooch:  TONGUE IN.
No girl's leaning in for that, Biggs.

Second Rule of Smooch:  Focus on your target.

Third Rule of Smooch:  When in doubt, offer the cheek.

We've got a long way to go, but we're lucky to have such an experienced instructor.  And with this pupil's enthusiasm, he should have it down in no time.

15 comments:

  1. What darling pictures! Your kiddos are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this made me seriously laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts always make me laugh and laughing is so good for the soul. So thank you ;-) I love that "million watt" smile on the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I'd never asked Addy to pucker. Some SLP I am huh??? I just had her try and she did okay, guess we'll have to practice! Love you kiddos as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke's a total open mouth kisser...blech..I need to show her LC's pics...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuuuuuuuuuuute!! Made my day. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take an 8 x 10 of each one of those!!!!
    xoxoxo,
    nana cam

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally hilarious! Thanks for the laugh out loud.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh- I'm going to have to share the training video. The "licking kiss" is so common from Abby that Maddie is now trying to get away from it and when scolded responds with a meow....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Word is I was called out - come on, I haven't even called the florist yet. Grace and I are anxiously awaiting the Biggs' progress in this area. Great pics and also love the updated site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these pics!! SOOOOO cute!!!! Like the new blog look too! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Leave us a note to let us know you dropped by!