Thursday, January 26, 2012

Have You Prayed for Violet, Yet?

The squibs just checked in on Violet's blog.


We think you should, too.

Because your prayers are doing amazing things.

Just like we knew they would.

You never, ever let us down and we're so blessed to have you to share with our buddy who needs you so much.

In the next few days, big things need to happen for Violet.

Incredible things.

Things we didn't dare to hope for this soon, kind of things.

And you're no less needed.

But, since you're doing so much for our sweet Violet by keeping her in your prayers and thoughts, we really feel like we ought to do something for YOU.

So...here's the deal.

1.  Visit Violet's blog and encourage her mom, if you have a moment.  It means so much to hear that her little bit isn't forgotten while Beth is sitting in an isolated PICU.

2.  Leave ME a note in the comments of THIS POST to tell me if you 1.  visit Violet's blog  2.  Blog for Violet  3.  Request additional prayers for Violet on Facebook.

3.  For each of the three criteria, I'll enter your name in a drawing.  The winner gets a personalized toddler book...topic of your choice.  We can work out details via email.  We'll end the contest Saturday at midnight, so just leave your comments by then.

4.  BUT...just to make sure EVERYBODY feels like a winner...if FIFTY comments are left on Violet's blog post dated today (January 26) then I'll send anyone who would like it the files for our transportation and eating activity books

Not exactly the lottery, but it's the least I can do to thank you for the very real impact you've already made on the lives of our sweet Violet and her family.

Thank you, thanks, thanks again...

Now go comment already.

28 comments:

  1. Commented, Blogged, and FBed! Sweet Vi is in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney. I'm so glad you are raising up prayers for this sweet girl. could she be any cuter? Anyway, I left a comment on the newest post of her blog, blogged myself with a link to your original request and posted on FB.
    It's good to know how to pray, so thank you!
    Blessings,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Violet's blog and left her family a comment of encouragement. I am so happy to hear of her progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool thing you're doing for little Violet and her family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool thing you're doing for Violet and her family! They're so lucky to have such good friends and family supporting them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been checking little Violets blog all day hoping to hear some good news. So glad its starting to turn around for her. She continues to be in our family's prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayed! I will continue to do so!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Courtney, I have been praying so hard for Violet. I have visited Violet's blog and I will be requesting prayers on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I visited Violet's blog earlier - and prayed. And will keep praying. And will swing by again (I just saw the sweet update) and let them know. Oh, and I'll add a little pray for Violet note to my blog next time I blog. :) And I'm gonna "tweet" it. But I'm still figuring out Twitter, so I'm not sure what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going over to comment but don't want to be entered. Thanks for reminding us about the others out there that need to be lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going there now! As a fellow heart mum I get it, support rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure do love your blog. And your gorgeous squibs. And your sense of humor that shines through so many of your entries! I just left a note for sweet Violet's mom, as I did yesterday per your request. Can't blog or Facebook for her since I have neither. Thanks for alerting so many of us to what Vi has been enduring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Courtney you are the best. You helped me more than I can ever express during our ICU moments, how could I not want to pass that on?! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi
    Shared the link on fb, to get more prayers for the precious Violet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Courtney. I don't blog or Facebook, but I did leave the Swyer's a note and will definitely continue to keep them in prayer. Even though I don't have a blog or Facebook, I am emailing some of the ladies from church and will ask James to bring the family up in his Sunday school class as well. Thanks for getting the word out; anyone in the PICU needs as much prayer as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks to your and Carolyn's encouragement I posted on Vi's blog. Will continue praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet idea! We visited the blog and left message for them. We are praying daily with the boys for V. and her family. Máté ( my autistic Wonder BOy) likes to pray in a very interesting position in his bed, his little but is up and he is laying in a kind of a muslim style. But I guess Jesus doesn't realy mind this. So let's keep praying in our personal style!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've started following their journey and we are sending well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been checking in on baby V and praying for her every day!!!
    Sunnie in NC

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think it's amazing that you're spreading encouragement for this family.
    I stopped by and left some love for Super Vi

    ReplyDelete
  21. been praying for that little cutie all week! thanks for sharing her story with us and reminding us to pay it forward! happy weekend to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another reason you should be slated for sainthood. Just visited Vi's blog & left a little note for mom. I'm literally praying as I type - nothing like motherhood to hone the skill of multitasking.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Obviously praying but wanted to let you know I left a comment for the Dwyers on their blog. I know this will mean the world to them to have you lifting up their baby girl in prayer and asking others to as well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just visited and commented on sweet Violet's blog. If I happen to win the CH lottery, I would love to "give" my book to our buddy, Aubrey Smith. : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. I visited Violet's blog and am praying for her!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just visited Violet's blog and am praying for that sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just visited Violet's blog and I'm praying for that sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  28. HI Courtney- Beth is one of my best friends and I can't tell you how much this is lifting her up. She's been on such a roller coaster this week and it's so hard to see her down. She just never goes there... but this has tested her strength beyond measure. Thank you for taking your time to get Violet's story out there. God is definetly hearing these prayers!!!
    Ashli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Leave us a note to let us know you dropped by!